Unclogging a garbage disposal is the single most common maintenance issue homeowners face. So, if you have a garbage disposal in your home, then it’s important you know how to properly unclog it.
- Turn off the breaker that powers your garbage disposal along with shutting off your home’s water supply.
- Shine a flashlight into the clogged disposal to see if you can spot any objects that could be causing the clog.
- Carefully use a pair of long-handled tongs or pliers to retrieve whatever object or item is causing the clog.
- After removing any visible objects, turn the breaker back on.
- Test your garbage disposal to see if it is now working properly. If it’s not, give our garbage disposal pros a call today!